7 Quick Takes (89)
Click here to go to Jen’s! Be sure to check the rest out! Thanks for hosting!
1. Remember that house we bought? We now own it! We closed Wednesday night after work, the papers filed yesterday, and we are officially homeowners! Jim is moving in tomorrow after he works.
2. I bought like no joke hundreds of dollars in Lowe’s giftcards at Giant Eagle to get the fuel perks (and also used my credit card to get points).. and then when I bought them online, the cards didn’t work. So guess who had to read numbers of 7 giftcards to their customer service at 11:30 last night? This girl. Good news is that we’re getting a washer and dryer and I get free gas next time I fill up
3. I have my second race of 2013 tomorrow: the chili bowl! I’m pretty excited because many of the people I talk to on Twitter that live around Cleveland are running it too! We run 5K and then get some chili to try afterwards. What better way to end your run than chili?
4. I get to send out my invitations this week! We also picked our first dance song. We’re at the 2.5 month mark now I can’t believe how fast time is going! The bad news is that I’m going to be traveling for work 2 weeks in April (you know, the month before).. so if I’m ridiculously stressed.. you know why. WE’RE IN THE 70′s FOR THE WEDDING COUNTDOWN
5. We’re brewing beer for a work contest (I know. we do weird things at work).. but I’m really excited to try. We made a pale blonde ale and a “strong” kiwi beer. Basically, we don’t know how the kiwi one will turn out, but it’s still pretty cool to say I had a hand in making it. Plus the winning team gets $200. Not bad.
6. Last night we went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner. Basically they were completely full and only had 2 cooks and 4 servers. Do they not know how to prepare for the ridiculous rush for Valentine’s day? Ugh. But, Jim sent me beautiful flowers during the day! I was so surprised! He generally only gives them to at completely random times, so I was not expecting this at all.
7. Want to see the creepiest Valentine ever? I find her hilarious, even if she’s a bit creepy.
- Posted in: 7 Quick Takes