Recap of 2012 and 2013 Goals
Here were my goals from last year with my failures/successes!
1. I joined Weight Watchers this past week. Keeping track of how many points I eat each day has been kind of a pain but I think in the end it will be worth it. My goal is to lose 35 lbs by the end of 2012. I know I can do it! I lost 30 so I was pretty close, I can’t complain. I am hoping the last few are a bit eaiser though.
2. I’d like to have most of my wedding planned by the end of 2012. I haven’t really done anything yet (because I really don’t need to yet!) but It’d be nice to have a lot of it done so when 2013 rolls around I’m not freaking out. Yeah I did most of this in January last year! I don’t have much else to plan or book, so I think this one was a success.
3. With Elizabeth and Kayla, our goal was to enter in a race and get prepared for it. I’m planning on running a 5k with my dad and mom in May or June (once golf is over). I’m excited! This will be a good thing to look forward to along with my weight-loss. Please join us if you would like! We are virtual running buddies! Ohh yeah definitely met this goal. I ran a half-marathon! And numerous 5Ks!
4. As much as I don’t completely enjoy golf anymore, I’d like to end the year making 1st team all conference again. It’d be sad to make it junior year and not senior year! Got this one accomplished! First team all-oac, baby!
5. I’d like to graduate college with a 3.3 GPA. My first two years I struggled, but my last two years I have almost a 3.95 cumulative. Because of my terrible first 2 years I currently have a 3.3 and I’d like it to stay that way (or go up!) because that is regarded at my school as distinction. I’d like a cord when I graduate. Well, they changed the GPA to make it 3.5 to get a cord, and I graduated with a 3.4. I can’t complain.
6. I’m starting my new job in May so I’m making it my resolution to invest in a new wardrobe. Losing weight makes me a bit more anxious to find clothing that I like (and that looks good on me). I’ve been avoiding shopping for clothes this entire time because I know I’m trying to lose! I kind of started this one? I’m still losing weight so I’m trying to avoid too many new clothes.
7. I’m really hoping to blog more about my wedding plans, my new job and the huge changes that will be happening in the next 16 months. I’m looking forward to all of them, but I’m scared and nervous at the same time. I don’t think I blogged as much as I would’ve liked, but I still think this one is a success. If only I knew how stressful this job was a year ago
Now for my thirteen 2013 goals!
1. Lose the rest of this darn weight! Get down to my goal weight of 142.
2. Run 13 races in 2013! Try to prepare myself for a marathon (and hopefully run one in January 2014)! Enjoy running and find some new places to run once I move! Try to start running with Jim more (even though I’m slow) and make it something that we can do together! I also purchased a running journal and I’d really like to start utilizing that.
3. Convert to Catholicism. Can I just say I’ve been waiting years for this? Oh yea. I have. MAY, HERE I COME!
4. Learn how to budget better and make a budget for Jim and I.
5. Try to start enjoying my job more and being more positive about life.
6. Enjoy my first year of being married. (This one should be 1. But since I won’t be married for 4 months into 2013.. I figured I’d put it later:) )
6. Start taking pictures of more things to remember. I am a memory person and I would love to have pictures of everything so I can make them into photo books to see for years to come!
7. Manage my time better between school, work, and blogging. Since I have a fitness blog now.. I really want to start utilizing that a lot more and keep this one more linked to faith-related stuff. I might cross-post some of them but I really would like this to be much more personal and wedding-related and that one to focus solely on running and fitness and losing weight.
8. Start planning meals in advance so I have an idea of what I’m eating and what I need to buy from the grocery store. I think this will be easier once I live with Jim and can make meals for both of us, but I’d really like to start being more prepared in this aspect for the week.
9. Exercise 4-5x a week. I’ve been so bad at this lately, and I attribute it to being lazy and wanting to enjoy the holidays without having to go to the gym. Yeaah I really need to stop that and just get my butt moving! I’m hoping 2013 becomes easier for me to just go work out daily.
10. Start decorating and saving up for furniture for our new house. We get possession of the house on February 16 and I am absolutely ecstatic. I am hoping to somehow develop Martha Stewart-like skills and figure out cool ways to decorate our house. But let’s be real.. it will probably consist of tons of canvas prints on the wall. But who doesn’t like canvas prints?
11. Find a new church and friends around the area. It’s been 7 months since I’ve moved here and I’ve made some new friends at work, but not really otherwise! I’m lucky to live close to some Cathsorority ladies but I’d really like some people close by to our house to hang out with! And once we move, we need to figure out where to go to church.
12. Not stress about our wedding. Easier said than done, I know. However, it’s just the beginning of the rest of our lives and I want to enjoy the day and not worry about the stupid details. I want to remember it for the rest of my life!
13. Grow stronger in my faith. This year I had some rocky times. I didn’t go to church some Sundays because I was angry with God. I get frustrated every time I do go because I can’t have communion. I think once May comes around, it’ll be a lot better. But for now, I need to improve on my prayer life.
Can’t wait til next year when I get to recap these goals and see how I did. Do you have any special goals for 2013?
Happy New Year!!